Philosophy

Love....
Serve....

Fish....

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

For the love of jigs

I love fishing jigs. I dont know what is it about jigs that makes me love it so much. It could be the enormous fishing. The ability to smack it up against any structure. The sensation of hook setting and feeling like you have a log on the end of your line. It could also be the combination of all. I took my wife out in the boat last night and it was hard fishing. I only caught one but it was almost 4 pound and was 19 inches long. I threw my black and blue jig against the concrete spillway and let it fall to the bottom. Two breathing jigs and I felt a tic on the end. I gave it a second. Drew my line tight and it was to the right 5 feet. Game on! Didnt take long to get it in but it was a hard fought catch being the only one that night and I worked my jig for a good hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment